Electronic Cigarette Starter KitsStarter kits are an easy-to-use, low-cost introduction to vaping.
Quit smoking today with an easy-to-use vape starter kit!
Crescent City Vape offers everything from the absolute easiest plug-and-play starter kit up to more complex, more customizable, and more powerful kits. The more complex kits allow you to choose your power level, thus adjusting the strength of the hit and the amount of nicotine you get when vaping. With the simplest starter kits, you get a super easy device that’s perfect for those new to vaping. Simply turn it on and start vaping! Read below to learn more about which kit is best for you, or stop by any of our convenient locations across New Orleans to check out our huge selection in person!
What’s an e-cigarette starter kit?
An electronic cigarette starter kit is the most cost-effective and simplest way to begin your journey to quit or reduce your smoking habit and start vaping.
An e-cigarette starter kit is made up of three components: a battery, a tank that holds e-liquid, and an atomizer (aka coil or heating element) that vaporizes your e-liquid. To get started vaping, all you need is a starter kit and some e-liquid. Once you have a quality kit, all you need to continue your vaping journey is more e-liquid and replacement coils.
Most people who come into our shops are looking to get off tobacco, but they are unfamiliar with e-cigarettes and aren’t sure what’s right for them. Starter kits are the perfect way to way to find out whether e-cigs are right for you.
A starter kit includes everything you need in one inexpensive and low-maintenance package:
- A rechargeable power source.
- A tank for e-liquid. This includes the reservoir for holding e-liquid and the atomizer (coil+wick) for vaporizing your e-liquid.
- A usb charging cable.
While all of these components are also sold separately, and are available from a wide range of brands and at different price points, starter kits offer all these essential components in a single more affordable package, so you don’t have to invest in more complex or expensive equipment before you’ve given vaping a try.
Types of E-Cigarette Starter Kits
At Crescent City Vape, our starter kits can be broken down into four main categories:
- Pod Systems (JUNO and JUUL).These are basic, plug and play kits, with a battery, pre-filled pods, and a charging cable. This is one of the best options if you are looking to quit smoking without too much hassle. The pods house the coil and are prefilled with e-liquid so you don’t have to deal with potential spills or complicated settings. These devices are small, sleak, and stylish while delivering nicotine at a level comparable to cigarettes in order to help you quit effectively. Learn more about pod vaping systems here.
- Refillable Pod Systems (Infinix and Suorin).The difference between these and the basic pod systems above is that the pods are not pre-filled and are made to be used in conjunction with our quality nicotine salt e-liquids. These kits are ideal for those wishing to quit smoking and willing to put in the work of refilling their own pods to customize their vaping experience. One major advantage of refillable pod vaping systems is that you’ll have access to limitless flavor possibilities.
- Plug-n-play, sub-ohm pen-style kits.These are basic, plug and play pen-style kits, with a battery, a refillable tank with replaceable coils, and a charging cable. These kits range from the small and convenient eGo All In One, to the cloud-blasting and flavor-packed Prince V8.
- Sub-ohm mod kits.These are “box mods,” or power sources, often using separate batteries, which put out a huge amount of power and allow you to change your power output and see other relevant data on small LED screens. These are wonderful kits for quitting cigarettes and/or for starting to explore the enthusiast aspect of e-cigarettes.
Note: “Sub-ohm,” for all intents and purposes, simply means a more powerful e-cigarette. These tremendous flavor/vapor producers are rapidly becoming the most popular type of e-cigarette. Learn more about sub-ohm vaping here.
Free Starter Kit Setup and Training
Our goal at Crescent City Vape is to educate, inform, and provide equipment training to people who are new to electronic cigarettes. Before you walk out the door with your new starter kit, we’ll show you exactly what each part does and how to use it. We’ll also help you get your e-cigarette completely set up, filled up with e-juice, and ready for immediate vaping.
Electronic cigarettes aren’t overly complicated to use, but if you’ve never used one before, they do require some instruction. We make sure every single customer knows exactly what to do — from setup to maintenance to refills — as well as best practices and safety tips for proper use.
Starter kits are a great introduction to vaping, not a permanent solution.
It’s important to note that starter kits offer an easy and inexpensive entry into electronic cigarettes, but they are not meant to be your long-term vaping solution. Any vape needs to be replaced eventually, and batteries, in particular, have a limited lifespan. The battery in a standard starter kit typically lasts from five months to a year depending on how often it’s used. The tank can last a very long time if you take care of it. Often, though, vapers who want more power, who want to try a different style of vape, or find their tank is simply acting funny after many months of use, will replace their tanks with a new one.
Fortunately, many of the products we sell at Crescent City Vape are interchangeable. New batteries, tanks, and other components can be purchased as needed and used with your starter kit.
Alternatively, many of our customers start out with a starter kit but decide to upgrade to higher-end equipment as soon as their battery or tank needs to be replaced.
Advancements in vaping technology are happening every day, and we pride ourselves on offering the best products to our customers. Check in with us to see what new vapor products we are carrying!
If you have any questions about starter kits or anything else, please contact us at (504) 309-8134 or via our contact form. We’re here to help!