Electronic Cigarette Starter KitsStarter kits are an easy-to-use, low-cost introduction to vaping.
What is a Starter Kit?
For more detail on what a starter kit is and what an e-cigarette in general is, see below. But long story short, a starter kit is three components: a battery, a tank that holds e-liquid, and an atomizer (aka coil or heating element) that vaporizes your e-liquid. To get started vaping, all you need is a starter kit and some e-liquid. Once you buy a quality kit, all you need to continue purchasing after that is more e-liquid and replacement coils.
Our Starter Kits
We offer everything from the absolute easiest plug-and-play starter kit up to more complex, more customizable and more powerful kits. The more complex kits allow you to choose your power level, thus adjusting the strength of the hit and the amount of nicotine you get when vaping. With the simplest starter kits, you simply turn on the e-cig and start vaping. Your power is determined by which coil you put in the tank. Read below to learn more about which kit is best for you, or go ahead and check out our selection!
What’s a starter kit?
An electronic cigarette starter kit is the most cost-effective and simplest way to begin your journey to quit or reduce your smoking habit and start vaping.
Most people who come into our shop are looking to get off tobacco, but they are unfamiliar with e-cigarettes and aren’t sure what’s right for them. Starter kits are the perfect way to way to find out whether or not e-cigs are for you.
A starter kit includes everything you need in one inexpensive and low-maintenance package:
- A rechargeable power source
- A tank for e-liquid. This includes the reservoir for holding e-liquid and the atomizer (coil+wick) for vaporizing your e-liquid.
- A usb charging cable
- Some starter kits also include a silicone sleeve for the power source or a carrying case.
While all of these components are also sold separately, and are available from a wide range of brands and at different price points, starter kits offer all these essential components in a single more affordable package, so you don’t have to invest in more complex or expensive equipment before you’ve given vaping a try.
Types of E-Cigarette Starter Kits
Our starter kits can be broken down into three main categories:
- Ego pen-style kits. These are basic, plug and play pen-style kits, with a battery, a refillable tank with replaceable coils, and a charging cable. They’re a significant step above the “cigalike” disposable e-cigarettes you typically find in drug stores or gas stations. These setups work just fine for plenty of people trying to quit smoking.
- Plug-n-play sub-ohm pen-style kits. These share the same components as the pen-style kits above, except they provide a larger amount of vapor and flavor. Many people prefer these kits to get more of a nicotine kick, more vapor and more flavor in order to make certain they kick cigarettes for good.
- Sub-ohm mod kits. These are “box mods,” or power sources, often using separate batteries, which put out a huge amount of power and allow you to change your power output and see other relevant data on small LED screens. These are wonderful kits for quitting cigarettes and/or for starting to explore the enthusiast aspect of e-cigarettes.
Note: “Sub-ohm,” for all intents and purposes, simply means a more powerful e-cigarette. These tremendous flavor/vapor producers are rapidly becoming the most popular type of e-cigarette. Learn more about sub-ohm vaping here.
Free Starter Kit Setup and Training
Our goal at Crescent City Vape is to educate, inform, and provide equipment training to people who are new to electronic cigarettes. Before you walk out the door with your new starter kit, we’ll show you exactly what each part does and how to use it. We’ll also help you get your e-cigarette completely set up, filled up with e-juice, and ready for immediate vaping.
Electronic cigarettes aren’t overly complicated to use, but if you’ve never used one before, they do require some instruction. We make sure every single customer knows exactly what to do — from setup to maintenance to refills — as well as best practices and safety tips for proper use.
Starter kits are a great introduction to vaping, not a permanent solution.
It’s important to note that starter kits offer an easy and inexpensive entry into electronic cigarettes, but they are not meant to be your long-term vaping solution. Any vape needs to be replaced eventually, and batteries in particular have a limited lifespan. The battery in a standard starter kit typically lasts from 5 months to a year depending on how often it’s used. The tank can last a very long time as long as you take care of it. Often, though, vapers who want more power, who want to try a different style of vape, or find their tank is simply acting funny after many months of use, will replace their tanks with a new one.
Fortunately, many of the products we sell at Crescent City Vape are interchangeable. New batteries, tanks, and other components can be purchased as needed and used with your starter kit.
Alternatively, many of our customers start out with a starter kit, but decide to upgrade to higher-end equipment as soon as their battery or tank needs to be replaced.
If you have any questions about starter kits or anything else, please contact us at (504) 309-8134 or via our contact form. We’re here to help!